Meet my delicious Blueberry Bagel Bake! This year we are trying to eat more local and in this recipe, we are using three local ingredients that you can find year round. Using bagels from a local bakery, farm-fresh eggs, and MN maple syrup.
Head over to my Instagram stories to watch the baking process!
For the bake:
4 blueberry bagels
2 cups milk of choice
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 stick of cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bakeware dish and set aside.
- Combine blueberry bagel bake ingredients in an extra large bowl. Eggs, milk, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon + vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Tear or chop bagels into 1/2 – 1 inch chunks and toss into egg mixture. Submerge bagel pieces and let sit so liquid gets absorbed.
- In a food processor, combine topping ingredients. Flour, brown sugar, cinnamon + butter. Pulse a few times until mixture is crumbly.
- Pour blueberry bagel bake into coated baking dish. Pour topping over and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Bake time will depend on thickness. Bake until top is crispy and center is no longer wet.
- Enjoy with or without maple syrup and a coffee beer!
Check out Jess’s Instagram for all things food and beer pairings!