“Honeybees are a complex creature that we love to work with, ” says CommonGround Minnesota volunteer Sara Hewitt. “My husband says, checking hives is methodical and relaxing yet challenging and complicated as you care for each individual hive, learning its quirks and rhythm. Much like animals have personality, each hive does too.”
Enjoy this easy and delicious Southern Honey-Pecan Pie recipe for the holiday season!
WHAT YOU NEED
◻️1/4 c. of sugar
◻️3 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
◻️3 eggs, lightly beaten
◻️1 c. honey
◻️1/3 c. butter, melted
◻️1 tsp. vanilla extract
◻️1/4 tsp. salt
◻️1 c. chopped pecans
◻️1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
◻️1/2 c. pecan halves
1. Combine the sugar and flour in a small bowl.
2. Stir in the eggs, honey, butter, vanilla and salt.
3. Add chopped pecans and mix well, pour into pastry shell.
4. Arrange pecan halves around edge and center of pie. Cover edges loosely with foil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
6. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack, store in fridge and enjoy!